HIES & DGCOS are organisations both under the jurisdiction of the same Ombudsman providing the same level of consumer protection but in different industries. Below are some examples of how consumers are protected:
- Undergo a five point credit and background history check on the proprietors/directors which includes multiple phoenix checks, credit scores, CCJ checks and similar trading name checks.
- Provide HIES administrators with a minimum of 10 customer references (of installations carried out within last 12 months) who can be independently approached for quality assurance purposes.
- Provide HIES administrators with a minimum of 3 supplier references who can be independently approached for quality assurance purposes.
- Provide HIES administrators with a copy of their current Health and Safety Policy.
- Carry minimum insurances of a) £5m Public Liability b) £10m Employers Liability
- Provide every customer with a Written Contract (to include Terms and Conditions)
- Provide every customer with a Written Guarantee
- Provide every customer with Deposit Protection Insurance (where a deposit has been taken)
- Provide every customer with an Insurance Backed Guarantee
- Allow HIES Inspectors to inspect any installation deemed necessary
- Allow HIES to send every customer a Satisfaction Questionnaire
- Submit to the legal jurisdiction of HIES and the Ombudsman (in cases of dispute)